I was bored..
How about some love for a good police officer?
Officer Gaetano Acerra
Responded to a call where a 13 year old boy didnt want to live in his home anymore. He found out that the family couldnt afford a bed or much else for the teen.
So he bought him one. A big queen sized one.
He also bought him a Tv and someone donated a Wii, so now they play whenever Officer Gaetano Acerra has a chance
He also plans to get him a dresser, mirror, and a hamper. Among other things he needs but cannot afford.
People. They’re not ALWAYS a bunch of bastards.
The corruption needs to go.
This guy can stay.
Mass produce this guy. There needs to be more of him
I know a guy in Baltimore who puts a cooler full of ice and sodas and juice boxes in the trunk of his cruiser. He goes around giving out treats on Friday nights. He’s also one of the good ones.
which way does a cyclops wing their eyeliner
tumblr user greenhoused is asking the real questions
It doesn’t matter, because Nobody is going to criticize their makeup.
WAS THAT A MOTHER FRACKING ODYSSEY PUN
Well, it wasn’t a motherfucking Oedipus pun, that’s for sure.
Remember Wendy Davis?
You know, the badass democrat who fillibustered for 11 hours straight to conserve women’s rights in Texas?
Well, this wonderful and amazing woman has announced her campaign for Texas governor!
Let’s show her some goddamn support!
Her opponent, Greg Abbott, is all about “traditional values.”
What fucking good have “traditional values” ever done for anyone?
Not a goddamn thing, that’s what. Vote for Wendy Davis.
Dragons with moving legs and wings.
Height and length vary from 3.5 cm to 5 cm.
Colored polymer clay, no paint.
R.I.P. The 2976 American people that lost their lives on 9/11 and R.I.P. the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi and 35000 Pakistani people that paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit
this is the only september 11th post I’m reblogging
I’m in love with this gif. Everything about it. The rain drizzling. The candle flickering. The colors. I love it.
This is how I would want my home to be set. A candle lit on a windowsill where the rain is always falling. I want to live in that kind of peace.
Just looking at this gif and reading these comments somewhat calms me
While there is a lot of appropriate rage about Ferguson right now, the killing of John Crawford, III is getting less attention than it deserves. I put Shaun King’s tweets and history lesson on the matter in chronological order for easier consumption.
You really should be following Shaun King on Twitter.
So it’s 3AM and It’s just occurred to me that the most telling scene in the entire Harry Potter franchise is the scene following the announcement of the participants of the Triwizard tournament.
When Harry’s name is pulled out of the cup, literally…
- push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
Sixteen Small Steps to Happiness (via acceptvnce)
This is wonderful
Need to do this
As a college student, currently really hungry with nothing to eat, I understand how hard it can be to get food. Sometimes you really just don’t have the money to eat and when you do, you waste it all on fast food instead of stocking up on cheap things because you’re so tired of Ramen Noodes and canned food you could barf. So, I’ve composed a list of recipes and resources that will fit a college kid’s budget and appetite. Don’t go hungry! <3
Ramen Noodle Recipes:
- Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- Sirloin-Snap Pea Stir Fry
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chili Cheese Ramen
- Egg Drop Ramen
- Spinach and Ramen
- Ramen Spaghetti
- Ramen Alfredo
- Cheesy Ramen Noodles
- Cheesy Eggs Mug
- Cheese and Broccoli Mug
- Mac and Cheese in a Mug
- Meatloaf in a Mug
- Nutella Mug Cake
- Cheesecake Mug
- Coffee Cup Quiche
- Coffee Cup Chilaquiles
- Mug Egg Scramble
- Potato Chips
- Corn on the cob
- Scalloped Potatoes
- White Rice
- Fried Rice
- Baked Potato
- Chicken Casserole
- Garlic Chicken
- Chicken Soup Casserole
- Caramelized Onion Baked Potato
- Soft Chicken Tacos
- My Fridge Food
- Fire House Chef
- Dinner in 15 Minutes
- Advanced recipe Generator
- Recipe Matcher
- Super Cook
- Recipe Puppy
- Cook Thing
- Recipes by Ingredient
- Recipe Key
- Not Beans Again
- Ideas 4 Recipes
- Big Oven
Reblogging because lord knows college kids aren’t the only ones that are broke.
Reblogging because “broke” tips also convey extremely well to Survival tips.
Learn to make something outta nothing.
for all the people starting college soon owo
what gives you the right?
WHO GAVE YOU THE FREAKING RIGHT? WHO? TELL ME!!!!!!!
gO TO YOUR ROOM
THIS POST IS NOT OKAY BY ANY MEANS. WHAT THE HELL.
it’s so weird that I am sad because Toy Story 3 doesn’t fit in the photoset
TOO SOON ON ALL ACCOUNTS (especially Mufasa)
In all the aeons we have lost nothing, we have gained nothing - not a speck, not a grain, not a breath. The universe is simply a sealed, twisting kaleidoscope that has reordered itself a trillion trillion trillion times over.
Each baby, then, is a unique collision - a cocktail, a remix - of all that has come before: made from molecules of Napoleon and stardust and comets and whale tooth; colloidal mercury and Cleopatra’s breath: and with the same darkness that is between the stars between, and inside, our own atoms.
When you know this, you suddenly see the crowded top deck of the bus, in the rain, as a miracle: this collection of people is by way of a starburst constellation. Families are bright, irregular-shaped nebulae. Finding a person you love is like galaxies colliding. We are all peculiar, unrepeatable, perambulating micro-universes - we have never been before and we will never be again. Oh God, the sheer exuberant, unlikely face of our existences. The honour of being alive. They will never be able to make you again. Don’t you dare waste a second of it thinking something better will happen when it ends. Don’t you dare.
|—||Caitlin Moran (via artvevo)|
buy me night vale things